Institutional Compliance Program Organizational Structure
The organizational chart below illustrates the relationships among the offices involved in the University’s institutional compliance program.
- The Board of Trustees Audit and Compliance Committee oversees Audit and Compliance and Institutional Compliance staff.
- Institutional Compliance reports administratively to Audit and Compliance and reports functionally to the UT Board of Trustees’ Audit and Compliance Committee.
- Institutional Compliance coordinates a compliance oversight committee at each campus or institute.
- In addition, Institutional Compliance coordinates the activities of the UT System Administration Institutional Compliance Committee (UTSA ICC), which has oversight responsibility for all campuses and institutes. The UTSA ICC reports directly to the UT System Administrative Council, which is composed of members of the President’s staff.
- The institutional compliance committees at UT Knoxville, UT Chattanooga, UT Martin, UT Health Science Center, UT Institute of Agriculture, UT Institute of Public Service, and UT Space Institute have responsibility for compliance oversight at their respective campuses/institutes.
The responsibilities of these organizational units are explained further on the Compliance Committees page.