Institutional Compliance Program Organizational Structure
The organizational chart below illustrates the relationships among the offices involved in the University’s institutional compliance program.
- The Board of Trustees Audit and Compliance Committee oversees the Office of Audit and Compliance and Institutional Compliance staff.
- A separate Executive Compliance Committee reports to the University President, who is overseen by the UT Board of Trustees.
- The Office of Institutional Compliance reports administratively to the Office of Audit and Compliance and reports functionally to the UT Board of Trustees’ Audit and Compliance Committee and the Executive Compliance Committee.
- In addition, Institutional Compliance coordinates a compliance oversight committee at each campus or institute.
- Campus compliance officers at UT Knoxville, UT Chattanooga, UT Martin, UT Health Science Center, UT Institute of Agriculture and UT Institute for Public Service report to their respective institution’s compliance committee.
The responsibilities of these organizational units are explained further on the Compliance Committees page.