Compliance Resource Information
UT Code of Conduct
The University of Tennessee’s Code of Conduct applies to all faculty, staff, and students. The purpose of the Code goes beyond mere compliance with laws, regulations, and policies to developing an organizational culture of ethical behavior. The Code of Conduct website provides policies, guidelines, and available training for each principle of the Code.
Code of Conduct training is available on K@TE.
UT Code of Conduct Promotional Materials.
For University of Tennessee System European Union General Data Protection Regulation, refer to European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
University fiscal, human resources, information technology, safety, and Board of Trustees policies can be accessed from a central policy website which includes a useful search engine.
For research related policies, refer to the UT Research Foundation Policies.
Research Compliance Sites
- UT Knoxville
- UT Chattanooga
- UT Martin
- UT Health Science Center
- UT Institute of Agriculture
- UT and UT Research Foundation Policies (includes Statement of Policy on Patents, Copyrights, Intellectual Property, and Revenue Sharing)
- University of Tennessee System Policies Responsible Conduct in Research and Scholarly Activities
Campus/Institute Compliance Officers
UT campus/institute compliance officers for significant regulations are provided below. Questions on compliance and reports of compliance violations should be directed to these individuals.
UT Health Science Center
UT Institute of Agriculture
UT Institute for Public Services
UT Space Institute
UT System Administration
Federal Law Resources
The following websites provide good summaries of federal laws that apply to higher education:
- The Higher Education Compliance Alliance: Compliance Matrix
- Cornell Legal Information Institute – Legal Resources
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars
- OMB Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200)
- OMB Uniform Guidance (UTK Sponsored Projects Accounting)
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Code of Federal Regulations
- United States Code
- DOJ Principles of Federal Prosecution of Business Organizations
- The Federal Sentencing Guidelines Manual
Tennessee State Laws
- Recent Acts and Resolutions
- Tennessee Code
- Tennessee Secretary of State Rules for the University of Tennessee