UT Chattanooga Institutional Compliance Committee
- Institutional Compliance Committee Directory [Excel]
- Compliance Officers Directory [Excel]
- Assignment of Compliance Officers to Regulations [Excel]
Committee Site on SharePoint
(for committee members only; login required use email@example.com and netid password)
Corrective Action Plans
(for compliance officers and committee; requires login)
- Current version of all plans (best display for viewing)
- Corrective Action Plan entry screen for Level 1 (significant risks)
- Risk Assessment
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga provides a supportive environment for scholars and students to engage in teaching, research, and public service. Integrity in our work and compliance with applicable laws and regulations are critical to our academic enterprise and the university’s operations. The locus of compliance with applicable laws and regulations is in the UT academic and administrative units that are responsible for policy development and implementation of compliance issues. The mission of the Campus Compliance Committee is to promote excellence in all of our compliance efforts to assure integrity and compliance with our legal, regulatory, and ethical responsibilities.
The committee chair is appointed by the chancellor. The chair has the discretion to include any university employee who is relevant to the issues being addressed. This typically includes the relevant compliance officer (who has campus‐level responsibility for the regulatory area) and the individuals in the chain of command up to the chancellor’s cabinet level. The committee will be assisted by a member of the UT System Institutional Compliance Office, who will serve as an ex officio member of the committee, and the Office of General Counsel will be consulted as needed.
- Identify the significant compliance risks facing the campus and facilitate potential solutions for those risks.
- Serve as an open avenue of communication among the various campus compliance officers and senior management.
- Advise the chancellor on the campus’ compliance priorities and potential corrective actions.
- Follow up on corrective actions that have been approved by the chancellor.
- Identify the laws and regulations that present the most compliance risk for the campus.
- Ensure that an individual is assigned campus-level responsibility for compliance for each significant law and regulation and understands his or her campus-level responsibilities.
- Perform a compliance risk assessment, with the assistance of the Institutional Compliance Office.
- Review the results of the campus risk assessment and determine the priorities for corrective actions.
- Facilitate the development of corrective action plans with the appropriate campus compliance officers and university officials.
- Present recommended plans of corrective action to the chancellor.
- Verify the progress of approved corrective actions and report their status to the chancellor.