Our role is to provide the University of Tennessee with objective, independent appraisals of accounting, financial, and other operational systems in departments and units as a service to all levels of management and the UT Board of Trustees. These appraisals help ensure that the university's assets are adequately protected, departments are operating efficiently and effectively, and UT is complying with applicable policies. Our role is also to facilitate cost-effective decisions that will support the mission of the University of Tennessee.
We try to be as "user friendly" as possible and want to help you, the department head or manager, perform your job more effectively. Here is a sample of how we act as a service to management:
- Evaluate your operations for ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Help you comply with various university, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Ensure that your department has the proper controls, or safeguards, in place to protect you, your employees, and the university.
- Provide experience, technical knowledge, and advice on systems, policies, procedures, etc.
- Conduct investigations when some concern or irregularity exists.
To help accomplish our mutual goals, we provide analyses, recommendations, counsel, and information concerning the activities reviewed.
We hope the information presented here is beneficial. If you have any questions about our office, please let us know.
Sandy Jansen, Executive Director
John Fox, Associate Director
Judith Burns, Assistant Director
All data contained on this page and in any linked documents are for informational purposes only and may not represent the most current
information. Links to faculty or student home pages and external Web sites are provided for the convenience of users, and the University of Tennessee does not endorse or assume responsibility for their contents.
If you have questions or comments, contact Linda Parsons Marion at email@example.com or 865-974-6611.